I have the opportunity to travel to many different continents and countries. These experiences provide a worldview that allows me to look at life from different window frames. In each case, I see more things that are the same and less differences. While traditions, cultures, and food,
climate, and landscapes offer new views, I find that humanity seeks identical goals. Striving for peace and security, with the opportunity to advance, give their children a better life, and make a difference.
Annual visits to the country of Rwanda for six to seven weeks since 1999 provide a perspective and understanding that I will share with you. Don’t worry about space because of the luggage. Thanks to the virtual world, you can travel with me.
Each Wednesday I will take you to the places I visit in the country.
- Kigali is the capital of the country, where on each leg of any trip, you have to pass through Kigali.
- Butare is where the National University of Rwanda and the gateway to Nyungwe National Park.
- Nyungwe National Park we stay in Gisakura that borders the western part of the Park.
- Cyangugu borders to DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo) and a spectacular view of the Southern tip of Lake Kivu.
- Akagara National park is in the east bordering Tanzania.
- Kibuye is in the middle of Lake Kivu.
- Ruhengeri is at the base of the Virunga Volcanoes where the Mountain Gorillas live.
- This is the northern tip of Lake Kivu, a great resort area with boulevard along the lake with palm trees.